The Dominicans left the suppressed convent permanently in 1798, with the arrival of the Cisalpine Republic. It was then bought by the Milan curia in order to house the Archbishop’s Minor Seminary along with the church. The crypt was built at the start of the twentieth century and the decor was restored in 1952. An altar housing the shrine that contains the scythe used by Carino of Balsamo to kill Saint Peter Martyr in 1252 is located in the crypt. In 1923 the church became a parish, which has since been transferred to a more modern church, able to host a higher number of followers.