The villa and gardens are set along the main axis of symmetry oriented toward the cardinal points of the north and south, growing to a length of about 300 meters. This system begins with the building which today looks out to the Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, and is characterized by a high front door, surmounted by a stone coat of arms referring to the Arese and Borromeo families, owners of the Villa and united in matrimony in 1652.
Surrounded by rich swirls, the heraldic shield which has a checkerboard pattern, and a crowned eagle and wings, refers to the Litta family, while the famous motif of a snake intent on eating a child, refers to the Visconti family.
The entrance structure on two floors is fairly linear, without decorations, and with only an opening of a double row of rectangular windows and the door in the centre. This leads to the Courtyard of Honour, and right opposite is a niche containing a statue of a Roman emperor in stucco surmounting a “fountain” in stone.