The theatre of Andromeda, which is next to the water tower, has been documented since 1673. This name began to appear in the 18th century though it was completely inappropriate because then, as now, it did not bear any statue dedicated to the goddess. The theatre is accessed through a cobblestone driveway consisting of a tuff stone structure with a centre containing a rectangular niche with an arched closure, which in turn contains a smaller niche with a smaller female sculpture. The statue portrays a winged woman defined by sources as a mermaid with a monstrous mask. The woman, whose face is almost expressionless, holds her breasts where one can glimpse pipe holes where once jets of water poured out.