It is almost certain that the church was built before the thirteenth century. In the seventeenth century some features were changed that suggest interference from the Arese Borromeo family; more specifically, during the Pastoral Visit of 1704, there was a bequest for masses in memory of the Countess Giulia Arese Borromeo.
The church’s facade is very linear, characterised by a window with small ledges at the base. These are also visible in four other openings, both inside and outside the building, which reflect a typically severe monastic style. Inside the church has a one-room, rectangular plan with a semi-circular chancel area. The main altar displays a painting of the Virgin with Child. The apse is frescoed with two paintings depicting Saint Carlo Borromeo and Saint Francis of Assisi. Both date back to the first half of the seventeenth century. The left-hand wall also displays a beautiful painting of the Crucifixion.