The upper level is decorated with a rectangular-shaped opening, ending in a gable with simple, rigid features.
It was built to a longitudinal plan with only one nave. The main altar is impressive. It is decorated with the Transito della Vergine altarpiece, painted by Gerolamo Chignoli in 1642, from which this place of worship takes its name. A valuable panelled ceiling can be found in the sacristy.